Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Me, Myself, and I and Her and She and Them

I was having a conversation last night with my DH about my alter egos.  Two of them have cute names--Stinkerina and Babycita. 

Milagros (Stinkerina)
Stinkerina is playful, demanding, and likes to tease.  She can be a little mean sometimes.  She doesn't mean to be mean, but it does happen.  She can get really competitive when playing games, too.

Babycita is the sweet, patient, loving, calm, happy one.  She showed up when I started doing art full-time.  I really didn't know that she existed until then.  Chuck fell in love with Stinkerina, but Babycita got a lot of positive reinforcement when she came on the scene.

So, I was thinking of who else is out there. 

Well, there is Adventure Girl.  I had forgotten all about her until she showed up last weekend in the studio.  I like Adventure Girl a lot and am going to invite her over more often.  She can be a little reckless.  She doesn't plan or think about things--she just does things.  She is very experiential and brave.
Child's Play
(The Organizer and Artista)

Chuck reminded me of The Organizer.  Of course, how could I have forgotten her.  I wish she had a better name, but I haven't thought of one yet.  I'm pretty sure everyone in my life has met The Organizer.  She comes by at least once a month to organize or re-organize something--more often if she is really needed.

I really do know that Chuck fell in love with Stinkerina with her devilish eyes, but when a dear friend asked early in our relationship what he loved about me, what blurted from his lips was, "She is so organized!"  I guess even The Organizer can be endearing....in that special methodical way.

Line Study 1
(Artista and Simplicity)  
 The Organizer has a twin;  she is Simplicity.  Simplicity is shy.  She has a lot to say, but she doesn't use words.  You can feel where she has been, though.  She is the one that you see out of the corner of your eye and she is gone if you actually try and focus on her.  The Organizer does her best to make space for her quiet twin.

And then there is Artista.  She has been around forever and likes to play with everybody and everything.  She is very social and likes to share what she is learning with all of her friends.

She is just happy to be creative and have a "canvas," even if that canvas is spreadsheet on a computer screen.  She regularly has play dates in the studio with The Organizer, Babycita, and Stinkerina, and has even hooked up once or twice with Simplicity.

I know there are more of me out there, but Artista is begging me to go to the studio that The Organizer was so kind as to clean up last night.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to have been useful! I loved your post -

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration and a hoot, Laurie.
    In fact, I'm going to start my "playmate" search ..... today! starting with the Organizer in my studio.

    ReplyDelete