Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 2

While I was waiting to rinse out the dye studies that I had batched the day before, I organized the previous dye studies that I had done.  Of course, I have to make 12 more sets of each of these for my classmates, but that I left for other evenings.

These are two different reds mixed into yellow dye at 10% increments.

I also emptied out the front part of my studio to make room to dye the large pieces of fabric. I knew this day was coming....

I have two 2'x4' plastic tables set up and will be adding one more to have 12'.  At first I was going to set up on the floor, but then I thought I would have better control if I did it at a more comfortable height.

So, the ramp is filling up.  I need to get some more metal shelving to create stair steps up on the left side.  There will be a day, I'm sure, that I will be in the mood to organize, and I'll have the perfect project!

So my studio day ended with hanging three sets of dye studies.

I'm excited to see how my idea eventually plays out.  There are four possible outcomes.

1.  The fabric comes out exactly how it is in my mind.
2.  The fabric comes out differently than I am imagining it, but I can still use it for this project.
3.  The fabric comes out differently than I am imagining it, and I can't use it for this project, but possibly it can be used for something else.
4.  The fabric comes out differently than I imagined and it can't be used for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment