Sunday, November 28, 2010

Studio Progress - Blinds

With some design help of my friend, Jill Becker, I created a very functional solution for my windows in the new studio.  This is a minimal sewing project--only a tube to hold the upper slat of wood.  I used two layers acrylic felt to make blinds that block the intensity of the afternoon sun, but not all of the light.  











I drilled holes in each end of the slat and the middle.  I strung twine through each end and then the middle, knotted it and ran it through the loop on the window and another loop handily provided in my wall or a pipe before tieing it off on a hook to the side.  



The bottom is stapled to a little heftier piece of wood and gravity keeps it in place.

The blinds look like sails on a ship when they are being raised!  And even though they are attached to the handy loops at the top of the windows, I can have them up with the windows open, too.


1 comment:

  1. Hooray! What a great solution!! And beautiful too! I'm glad you were able to get them up!

    ReplyDelete